ONOS ARIYO BIOGRAPHY, FAMILY, NET WORTH, & LESSONS FROM HER LIFE
Onoriode Ebiere Ariyo popularly known as Onos Ariyo is a Nigerian Gospel music minister, and songwriter. She is renowned for her hit song titled “Alagbara” which was written and produced by Wilson Joel. Onos was listed among the Global Top 100 Most Influential People of African Descent (MIPAD) in September 2018.
EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND
Onos Ariyo was born on October 1 into a family of eight and she is from Delta State, Nigeria. She had her primary and secondary school education in the state and proceeded to Delta State University, Abraka, and finished with a Bachelor’s degree in French.
She started singing while in primary school. She joined different choirs and musical groups before she eventually moved to Lagos in 2004. In the year 2004, Onos released her first official single titled “Dance”.
Following the successful release of her debut single, she ministered in one of the biggest concerts in the world – The Experience, Lagos. She was able to perform alongside the likes of Travis Greene, Kirk Franklin, and Donnie McClurkin.
Her debut album “Keep Moving” was released in 2012 and featured Jamaican International Gospel singer, Chevelle Franklyn. The album that brought her to the limelight was “No Limits” which was released in 2014 and featured songs like “Alagbara” and “Everything Has Changed”.
The album as well as the single “Alagbara” earned her recognition and nominations in the Gospel music industry.
Onos became the Nigerian Coordinator for the Women of African Origin in Music Ministry (WAOMM) in 2015. It is a platform she uses to mentor and foster up-coming female Gospel artists.
She was the host of a show titled “For the Love of the Season” in 2012. A music and style scene that brings together the fashion and music industry.
Onos Ariyo started a monthly live worship experience titled B R E A T H E in 2018.
SONGS BY HER
She has released many songs, some of which are:
- Keep Moving
- No Limits
- Songs From The Place Of Prayer
- Na Your Love
- Everything Has Changed
- Jehovah Ebenezer
- You Are Wonderful ft. Preye
- Oghene Me
- Call His Name
- Have Your Way
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- In 2012, she won the award for the Best Female Vocalist at the Nigeria Gospel Music Awards as well as at the Crystal Awards in 2013.
- In 2015, she won the Wise Women Awards in the Woman in Music category and Female Gospel Artist Of The Year Eloy Awards in the same year.
- She won the Female Artist of Excellence Award at the African Gospel Music Awards AGMMA in the UK in 2018.
- In August 2018, Onos was hosted, alongside other MIPAD honorees by the Nigerian stock exchange at the Gong closing ceremony tagged “Celebration of Excellence”. The event also had in attendance former Vice President of Nigeria, Namadi Sambo.
MARITAL AND RELATIONSHIP STATUS
She is married to Kunmi Ariyo and are blessed with children.
She is estimated to be around $ 1million – $ 5million as of this post.
LESSONS FROM HER LIFE
We should learn to do things God’s way and the rest will follow. God bless you. Shalom!